Dear Parents and Carers,
In response to the changed learning environment in Term 1 and Term 2, the Semester 1 2020 school report has been modified. The report will provide parents with information about their child’s achievement and progress – it will just look a little different to the usual report. Catholic Education has decided on the following -
- The report covers work completed in both Term 1 and Term 2. (No change)
- Student achievement will be reported as an A-E grade for each curriculum area. (No change)
- A new section ‘Engagement with Learning’ has been developed to replace the ‘Personal and Social Capabilities’. The new statements are based on the Australian Curriculum: General Capabilities, and target four key areas of learning engagement: Thinking, Communication, Responsibility, Collaboration.
- The General Comment section of the report will not be included; the “Engagement with Learning’ statements will give detailed information on your child’s approach to learning.
- The Semester 1 report will be sent home on the last day of Term 2, Friday July 3. Parent/Teacher interviews will be offered in Term 3 if approved by Catholic Education.
Return to School
We have had such a successful return to face-to-face teaching. The students have quickly adapted to being back at school. They will be working very hard for the remainder of Term 2 so they might need an earlier than normal bedtime.
Thank you to parents and carers for following our new procedures. It really is appreciated.
Our deepest sympathy
We received sad news last week on the death of Hannah Sowry, a former STM student. Hannah was in Yr 12 at Merici College. Our deepest condolences to the Sowry family. The Sowry family had a very strong connection with STM and many members of our community would remember the family very fondly. May Hannah’s soul rest in peace.
Thank you to all parents for ensuring your children are in correct Winter uniform. I believe a school uniform promotes a feeling of community and nurtures a sense of equality. A copy of the full Uniform Code can be found on the school website.
Virtual Town Hall
This Sunday, all are welcome to go online via Zoom to share and discuss current issues for the St Thomas More Parish or just meet up with others you haven’t seen for a while under social distancing. The Parish hope to have an online game activity for the children, possibly an online scavenger hunt. Time: 10:30am. Join Zoom meeting ID 6486731697.
Term 2 overviews are on the school website. Click on the "communication" tab.